Who supplies power to the community and what do I do if the power goes out?

If the power goes out, please contact Dominion Power. Do not assume that the outage has already been reported.

The association has no control over the power company’s actions.  You may express your concerns to the powers company directly or the State Corporation Commission.

Who supplies water to the community?

The Fairfax County Water Authority (known as Fairfax Water) supplies water and sewage services to the community.

The association has no control over Fairfax Water.  You may express your concerns to Fairfax Water directly or the State Corporation Commission.

What happens if I do not pay my HOA dues?

If the assessment is not paid within 30 days after the due date, the assessment shall bear interest from the date of delinquency at the rate of 10{1cbc3e84494771a80a5e0f3bf85b02e1b956521ef8c60d9537344e91142a970a} per annum, and the Association may bring an action at law against the Owner personally obligated to pay the same or foreclose the lien against the property, and interest, costs and reasonable attorney’s fees of any such action shall be added to the amount of such assessment.

What colors may I use in our community?

The links below show the colors that are approved for use in our community. Please consult with the association rules for other compliance requirements.

Approved House Colors 
Approved Fence Colors

Who maintains the yard?

The association, through a contract with the landscaping vendor, will mow the front yard seasonally. As of January 1, 2018, Shenandoah Landscaping provides landscape services to the Amberleigh HOA. A member may decline this service by contacting the association in writing. The backyard is each homeowner’s responsibility, however a member may individually contract with the landscaper (or any other vendor) to mow the rear yard.

When is trash and recycling collected?

Trash and recycling services are provided by Trash Away Services.

Monday: Trash collected.

Thursday: Trash and recycling (and yard waste from March to November).

Recycling bins are provided to residents from the trash and recycling vendor. Please place items for collection after 6 PM the night before collection. Generally, trash, recycling, and yard waste is collected very early in the morning. Larger items such as cardboard boxes or yard debris will be picked up ONLY if bundled and tied securely in 4’ x 4’ parcels.

Service disruptions are announced on the vendor’s website.

Typical household effects, such as small items of used furniture and personal effects (ie., sofas, beds,mattresses, box springs, chairs, desks, entertainment centers, filing cabinets, etc.) will be picked up at no additional charge, unless the item contains metal. Residents must call the Trash Away offices at (703) 339-4560 or email us at bulktrash@trashaway.com to set up a time for collection.

A part of the way we maintain and improve the quality of life in our community is complying with these standards. Noncompliant residents are subject to enforcement actions.

What is the trash holiday schedule?

No service on July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day – Service will resume on the next service day.

When are Christmas trees picked up?

Christmas Trees: First two weeks of January (to be notified of days)

What kind of window treatments are allowed?

Generally, the governing documents only cover what you may do the exterior of your townhome, not the interior. However, what you hang on the inside of your window presents an interesting question, because it may be seen outside your home.

When this question was directly put to the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) in 2014, the committee determined that interior window treatments such as blinds and curtains were not covered by the governing documents and what is used was, if anything, up to the resident’s good taste.

However, residents are always advised to seek the committee’s opinion these kinds of issues in order to avoid confusion or misinterpretation.

What do I do if I find a lost valuable?

If you find a lost valuable, such as keys, cell phone, or a wallet/purse, please turn them over to the Fairfax County Police. The nearest station is located at the Franconia Governmental Center just a few minutes from our community. Please consider asking the association to post a message of the missing item to Facebook, the website, or sending an email.

Why all the “cloak-and-dagger”?

First of all, thank you for being responsible and helping reunite a lost item with its owner. Keys, cell phones, wallet/purse, grant the holder access to our lives, homes, finances and our safety. And unfortunately, in this day and age, we can’t trust people to be honest – that is why it is best to let the county police reunite someone with their lost valuable. They have the training and expertise.

Also, by letting the association communicate for you, you avoid having an upset person contact you directly.

What do I do with hazardous household waste?

Hazardous waste is not allowed in the regular trash, yard waste, and recycling pick-up. Household hazardous waste includes items like paint, batteries, and automotive products such as oil or wiper fluid. Those items must be taken to county-designated collection points.

For a full list of collection points as well as a full list of household hazardous waste items, please visit the county’s website.

My car was towed, what do I do?

Noncomplying vehicles are subject to towing without further notice.  Vehicle operators have a duty to comply with the association’s rules.  This includes trailers, PODSs, commercial vehicles, and any other object on the common areas. No persons other than the HOA designated representatives may have a vehicle towed.

If your vehicle (or other items such as a trailer) has been towed, please contact Dominion Towing.  You will be responsible for any fees incurred.

If you feel your vehicle has been towed in error, you may apply to the board for relief in writing. Please contact the management for assistance in your request.

Is there assigned parking in the community?


All parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis to any resident or guest.  This includes parking spaces reserved for a person with a disability.  Any person with a disability with proper tags or plates may use a parking space reserved for a person with a disability, further if you require a handicap parking spot be placed near your home, you may contact the board to do so. However, that handicap parking space is not an assigned space and any individual with a handicap license plate may park there.

Additionally, no person may claim assignment or exclusive use of any parking space. The association vigorously enforces this provision.

RVs or trailers registered to park in the RV Storage Lot are not assigned a specific spot, but can be parked in any available space within the Lot after registration.

Noncomplying vehicles are subject to towing without further notice.

May I park a trailer in the storage lot?

The RV storage lot is located on Crestleigh Way across from Overleigh Lane. Members must register with the HOA to park an item in the storage lot.  Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis once the vehicle has been registered. There is a $400.00 annual cost. Registration is mandatory.


Click here for more information

Are PODS allowed in the community?

Yes, on a limited basis. Please contact the Management Company to secure permission first.

See s. 850.09, AMB rules for how to request permission and what the requirements are.

When may I host a yard sale?

The association designates up to two days a year for a “Community-Wide” yard sale, where residents are permitted to hold yard sales at their townhomes. The dates are identified on the annual community calendar. Generally, there is one day in the Spring and one in the Fall. On these days, the association will advertise the yard sale in the local area surrounding Amberleligh, place banners at the main entrance, and place directional signs towards the homes that have registered.

These are the only days residents may hold a yard sale (see, s. 750.09, AMB rules).  Why? County law (see, s. 112-10-102(9), county code) limits yard sales in residential zones to not more than one per six months.

Residents may also consider participating in the community yard sale hosted by the Alexandria Jaycees at Lane Elementary School, 7137 Beulah Street, Alexandria, VA 22315.

May fireworks be used in the community?


Use of any fireworks is expressly prohibited on any part of the common areas. Commonwealth and county law prohibit the use of fireworks within fifty feet of any structure.

Please report the use of any fireworks to the Fairfax County Police Department.