Do you want this guy to run Amberleigh?
Nope – we didn’t think you did either. But do you know why he will? Because you didn’t run for a seat on the board.
He’s got a lot of crazy ideas.
The nominations committee is currently looking for people interested in being considered for candidacy for the association’s board of directors.
Here’s what being a board member means:
- Participating in a monthly board meeting usually held in the evening. Members may also attend via conference phone.
- Participating in a monthly committee meeting usually held in the evening. Members may attend via conference phone. Committees include the:
- Administration committee which is in charge of the financial and legal aspects of our community; and
- Operations committee which is in charge of the common areas offer community.
- Additionally, members are expected to carry at least one project in their portfolio. That could be improving an aspect of the common area, revising a policy, representing the association on another organization, or something else you feel passionate about.
Learn more about how our association works by reviewing the association rules.
Other things to know about the board:
- Terms are for three-years and serve on a voluntary basis.
- Officers are elected by the board and serve one-year terms.
- No prior experience is needed, training and educational classes are available.
Don’t forget, if you don’t volunteer – that guy will.
Here’s how the process works:
- The nominations committee will look for volunteers as well as recruit volunteers and nominate a slate of candidates.
- Those candidates and their candidate statement will be sent to the community with the notice of the annual meeting.
- At the annual meeting, the candidates, including anyone nominated from the floor, will have a chance to make a short statement. An election will be held at the meeting.
- After the annual meeting, an organizational meeting will be held where officers will be elected.
Questions? Email the association at firstname.lastname@example.org.