Maintaining Property Values
For most people, their home is their single largest investment. Homeowners association homes typically have greater value than homes outside of an association. The majority of this results when owners abide by a common set of architectural standards – including requesting approval before making certain changes on the exterior of their townhouse or lot.
If you’d like to request approval or advice on a change, these are the resources you’ll need:
- Architectural standards are found in Chapter 700 of the association rules.
- The list of approved colors.
- ARC form below to request approval to modify the exterior of your townhome or lot.
Changes to the inside of your townhome do not require approval. All work done must comply with applicable building codes.
In order to avoid the $100 modification fee or other costly fees to remove unapproved work, please request approval prior to starting (see, s. 600.10 (3) AMB rules).
A good standard practice to avoid costly mistakes, is to submit a request for any proposed change outside your home.
If you are unsure if you need to request approval or if you have any questions, please contact the management company.
How to request approval for an architectural modification
- Review the architectural rules found in Chapter 700 of the association rules.
- Contact the management company to review your plan.
- Complete the architectural modification form below.
- Submit any additional information required by the form or the rules via email to info [at] amberleigh.org (please attach a copy of the executed architectural modification form).
- Current Residents